To RP with the HUD and gain XP, you MUST use /2 or /4 when posting. /3 can be used for posts without your character name, and /5 will post as OOC
1) Teleport – Click this button to bring up a list of teleport destinations around the realm! Please be aware that the list is specific to the sim you are currently on, so the locations listed will change if you move between sims
2) Website – This button will bring you straight to the website so you can browse our lore and rules.
3) Dice – This is your dice button! More details about this can be found on the rules page, under HUD combat.
4) Titler – This is your titler button. Clicking it will bring up three buttons. They are as follows:
Set Name: This will set the name on the first line of your titler
Set Nickname: This will set the name that appears when you use the /2 or /4 options for posting. If you choose not to set a nickname, the HUD will automatically use whatever you selected for your titler name.
Set Title: This will allow you to fill out the rest of your title information such as your character’s age, scent, magic, ect
5) Character Slot – This button allows you to choose a saved character, or to start a new one. You can save up to 8 characters at a time. Simply click a number and use the titler button to set your information. Your selections will be automatically saved
6) AFK/OOC – As the button says, you can use this to toggle the notices of AFK or OOC status for the HUD.
7) XP Button – Clicking this will bring up the option to view your XP page where you can review your daily xp gain. your xp total, and the bonuses that you have purchased.
8) Titler Movement – The two arrow buttons allow you to move the titler up and down to suit your needs!
9) Whisper – Toggling this function on will allow you to post in local on a different channel, so that only those who also have ‘whisper’ turned on can hear you. To post with the whisper function, you must have RLV turned on, and must type in plain text in the local chat – no /2, /4, or /me.
How do I get xp?
There’s nothing like notecards or turn-ins required for XP, it’s all automatically awarded. The more active you are on sim, the more you will get. Some of the things that earn you XP:
• Actively RP on Sim
• Be in a guild or faction
• Be active in events
• You also get 500XP to start with, so you can buy one bonus of your choice.
What can I get for my XP?
When you go to the OOC hub, you will find a kiosk there that you can click to spend your hard-earned XP. These are the things you can buy:
• +1-+5 bonus on attack rolls that you initiate, for 500, 1500, 3000, 4500, and 6000 XP.
• +1-+5 on defense again rolls that you are the target of, for 500, 1500, 3000, 4500, and 6000 XP.
• +1-+5 on the heal action for 500, 1500, 3000, 4500, and 6000 XP.
• +1-+5 on the flee action for 500, 1500, 3000, 4500, and 6000 XP.
• +1-+5 on initiative rolls for 500, 1500, 3000, 4500, and 6000 XP
• +1-+5 on non-combat rolls for 500, 1500, 3000, 4500, and 6000 XP.
• An upgrade to 4 HP for 7500 XP, and to 5 HP for 15000 XP.
• A voucher that you can turn in for rental time on sim. This can be bought for 500 XP. It awards: 3 weeks for a 25 prim rental, 2 week for a 50 prim, and 1 week for a 100 prim rental. Please pass your voucher to an owner once you receive it from the kiosk.
If you have any questions about our XP system please contact Jynx the Drow Mom (Anya Pexington) or attend one of our classes on HUD functions.